Hello and welcome to the Portland Velo Cycling Club website! We're a non-profit cycling club dedicated to providing a fun, safe and inclusive environment for group cycling experiences. We founded the club in February 2006 and we've grown and improved each year since.
At our core, we’re a community of cyclists who love to ride our bikes. It doesn’t matter if you ride 14 or 24mph, whether you enjoy 35 mile or 75 mile rides. We don’t care if your bike cost $900 or $9,000, if you’ve been riding one year or twenty. What matters to us is your passion for cycling, that you care about safety and you enjoy riding with a great group of like-minded individuals.
Our club motto - “It’s All About the Ride!” - speaks volumes about who we are and what we’re about. Here’s just a short list of what we offer our members:
- Safe, well organized and very well attended weekly rides
- Experienced, supportive ride leaders who know the routes and who ensure the safety of each individual in their group
- A large map database with most of our well-worn, most popular rides
- A fun, welcoming environment for riders of most all abilities
- Excellent support by a great group of club sponsors
- Discounts at our sponsor bike store in the area
The bottom line is that Portland Velo offers the best club cycling experience in the entire Portland metro area, bar none. Everyone has someone to ride with; no one gets dropped, ever. And we all walk away smiling.
Of course, the best way to experience Portland Velo is from the saddle. When you join us for a ride, please introduce yourself and let us know it’s your first ride with the club. We’ll make every effort to ensure you have a great experience. All we ask is the opportunity to show you why we believe that Portland Velo is a great place for riders to call “home”.